2.22.2013

chic reads,




This week I read a quote that corresponded with my inclination to broaden my knowledge on fashion history.  It read: “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young” –Henry Ford. As a fashion writer, I feel that research is critical, innovative ideas are a must, and knowing the past only solidifies the future.  The two books I had on my collectors list are; Nostalgia Vogue: The perfect reference for any fashion forward individual, “Extraordinary images. Exceptional stories. Authors, artist, and celebrities reflect on the defining photographic moments from 80 years in Vogue and the evocative memories they inspire”- via Vogue Magazine, and Grace, A Memoir: devoted to the life story of the Creative Director of Vogue, Grace Coddington, who I admire for her extraordinarily chic editorials and witty, candid, yet humble demeanor (via my observation in “The September Issue” documentary). I look forward to purchasing each book with a fresh insight. 

No comments: