3.04.2013

power hue,


Last summer, (I’d say early July), I became mesmerized with the color green, especially brighter tones. From accessories and apparel to random objects, just the idea of the color made me feel rejuvenated and empowered. Eventually, months went by and my color crush slowly faded, but, like they say, if it’s meant to be, it will come back to you; and it did. This past Friday I made a trip to Sephora for a bronzer (post coming soon), and the sales rep that rang me up had the most luminous green eyeliner on her bottom inner eyelid. I complimented her, and as she bagged my purchase, she added a booklet promoting the color of the year. When I opened the first page, the introductory line read: “Emerald, The Color of the Year, the color of possibility, the color of power”. This indication automatically took me down nostalgia lane and I knew what I had felt in the summer of 2012, was powerful.

 visit www.sephora.com  for more details on the Color of the Year: Pantone Universe

No comments: